Does Your Home Decor Look Tired?
Are You ready to create the dream home you have always wanted?
Where do you start?
How much help do you need?
Wouldn’t it be great to have your questions answered and your home made beautiful with just the right amount of help?
I specialize in creating custom design solutions in one conversation. This initial conversation is key in determining the scope of your project and the level of service that’s right for you.
My consultation approach is founded on the basis of creative collaboration geared towards your preferences and needs. Together, we develop a master game plan from which to proceed to produce the best solutions for your home design objectives.
You can then choose from the menu of service options I offer, that which best suits your needs and comfort level, on a long term or short term basis, without required service commitments.
This is an opportunity either for a joint effort with me, or for you to proceed on your own, or maybe a little of both.
The following are brief descriptions of home design services that could provide the perfect solutions for your situation and project:
The secret formula to making your home into your oasis is to use what you already have, edit what you no longer need, and add only as necessary. I am an expert at putting the classic principals of good home design to work for you.
Does this sound like you?
- You just got a new apartment and you don’t know what colors to paint.
- Your place is disorganized but you don’t know where to start.
- Your furniture “arrangement” is non-existent. How do you edit what you have and re-position for comfort, efficiency and attractiveness?
- What about your old furniture? Slip-cover, re-upholster or buy new? How do you get do get the appropriate solution accomplished?
Do you have a bigger project in mind? Interior Design has all the component parts of Interior Styling… PLUS.
When it’s time to renovate and create a fresh design scheme with new furnishings, it’s not the time to DIY. The process of design and renovation is much more detailed than you would imagine and requires considerable creative problem solving along the way. It may be time to call on the services of a seasoned professional who you can trust and with whom you can collaborate with fully.
Full Service Interior Design has many elements that require expert development, attention and coordination.
Full service interior design can entail:
- Concept development with detailed floor plans
- Shopping for new furnishings and/or custom design of cabinetry, furniture and drapery
- Project management, placing orders and monitoring pick-ups and deliveries
- On-site supervision of contracted labor and work rooms
- Supervision of installations of new products and furnishings
- Effective selection and styling of your accessories and art.
Whether we team up to plan and create your dream home, re-arrange and style the furnishings you already have, or only select paint colors, you are always in good hands with an experienced professional.
- I help you clarify your ideas and how to achieve them by developing a Big Picture game plan with you.
- We pinpoint and resolve your questions, such as how to disguise “unfortunate architecture”, dark living spaces, low ceilings, small rooms etc.
- Together we design and plan best options for new styling or new design and renovation.
- The best furniture arrangement options are determined as well as evaluation of your existing furniture. Is it time to reupholster, refinish, “re-purpose” or to buy new?
- A written report of our initial consultation listing the recommended solutions and resources will drawn up to use as our outline.
I shop or we shop. The goal is to locate the furnishings and fabrics that will best suit your needs and express your tastes and preferences for a living environment that says “Home” to you.
I am a Home Design Shopping Expert and have developed a list of over 200 retail locations in New York.
I also have:
- Access to trade showrooms
- Discounted pricing as available from vendors. This includes a number of the best retail stores in the home furnishings business
- Exposure to great stores and products that you may not have been aware of
- Your “legwork” is minimized
Specialty Service: Custom Color Consultations:
- I have conducted countless “the painter is coming in two days” emergency color consultations with great results.
- I can also offer a more considered in-depth analysis of a beautiful array of colors we select together if you prefer.
- The consultation fee is by the hour
- Pricing packages are available and purchased on a retainer basis
- Designer discounts for both trade and retail purchases are split and shared with you
It all starts with a conversation:
The principals of good design have a foundation in logic. Inspiration can occur at any time, but great design schemes are never arrived at by random accident.
My style is your style made beautiful
How can I help you?
Cindy Lee Bergersen
President/Owner: Decoding Decor
Interior Styling, Interior Design & Home Staging
Allied Member, ASID
RESA, Real Estate Stagers Assoc.